55 women living together: what a challenge !
The monastic community is not:
- a nice club of like-minded people
- a spiritual support group,
- a refuge, where safety is reinforced by conformity. Our unity comes from God, through our daily life and work:
- We pray together, in the monastic Office and the Eucharist,
- We work together, earning our living and serving one another in community (kitchen, infirmary, etc.),
- We welcome guests, including women exploring a call to share our life. We try to help others, both near and far, through prayer; hospitality; sharing donation of clothing, medicine and money with the needy and with Church missions, as well as offering our lives for the benefit of humanity.